first burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattd81

Nov 21, 2007
ma
Well i just had my first 3 break in fires this weekend 200,300,400 degrees. The new f3cb seemed to draft great and the controls really seemed to work! My only disappointment is the black matte paint stinks. How long will the stove take to season or cure? I am now ready to light my firts real fire and i hope its not any worse? The building inspector is going to inspect the stove tomorrow. I hope i did not piss him off by lighting the stove. I hope he will pass the install.

It can take 10 fires to cure that paint. You'll get less and less smoke each time, though. I don't think the inspector will be too excited about the stove having been fired already, just have all the ashes out of it, in case he needs to see the inside of the firebox.
And don't have the stove going when he's due to arrive, or he'll be pissed then. :mad:

Make sure you crack your windows a bit with the paint curing. Hotter fires tend to lessen the amount of burns it takes to season the paint.

Each burn will get better, each time you reach new high stove temps you'll get a bit more odor but if you use it often, you'll have no smell except balsam at christmas!

Once the inspector is happy and gone back to take a nap at the city building crack the windows and take the F3 up to six hundred for a little while. You will be done and ready for Christmas.

Just don't go over six hundred at Christmas.

The inspector passed my install! And i did burn the stove to 600! I think it should be good now? Does any one know the max temp you can burn on the f3cb? I think the manual said 600?

Status
Not open for further replies.