First fire of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sldl2004

Oct 23, 2016
Glenfield NY
Lit the Hearthstone tonight....hard to beat that first fire of the heating season. Cold weekend coming up in northern NY.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm holding off, not going to use my wood, when it's only getting down to the 30's at night. We now have NG, if I was on the pig it would have been started. Also firing up a new furnace a 96% with a DC motor that's designed to run 24/7.

Just fired up the old LTD limited in the basement for the first time. Came home from work to hear the electric furnace running, can't have that now can we? We still had 15 or 20 pieces of black walnut left over in the wood box from last year and a bunch of dry pine in the garage. Split 2 pieces of pine to kindling and added 3 nice chunks of walnut on top after that took off. Going to turn the draft way down after it gets going so it don't run us out then hit the sack.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: sldl2004
Fired up the PH last night for the first time. It was around 64 in the house and the Mrs. was cold :)

Reactions: sldl2004
I caved in at 67° inside, so she did 3° better than I did. :/

It’s funny how we all can’t wait to start that first fire but then look for reasons to put it off when it’s time. I always debate with myself “is it cold enough, yet?”

Maybe it’s because once that first fire is lit, it’s over.