1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

First fire this season. Harmon Accentra.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by tonyd, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyd

tonyd Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Hughesville Md
    Firing the stove this morning I noticed the stove was burning much hotter then is ever has. Standing 2ft away, it was very hot. Never have I felt it this hot from that distance. Maintenance on my Accentra stove this year included : Air bypass tube, new door gasket, hopper gasket, cleaning the chimney liner and blew out every nook and cranny with compressed air. I was wondering if the bypass tube alone could cause these favorable results. Also I replaced the door gasket twice because I questioned the quality of the rope gasket that came in a 3/8 kit that I purchased. After installing a 3/8 gasket that came in the kit I found some sold in bulk that was more dense, rounder and didn't collapse as easy. Is there a specific gasket that Harmon recommends? Overall Im very pleased with the end results.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bookpile

bookpile Member

Loc:
    Southeastern PA
    If by the bypass tube you mean the square tube at the bottom that snakes around the back of the stove, I think it makes a huge difference. When I bought the stove used it was completely plugged and I barely got any heat out of the stove. After I discovered that I clean it once a weekend and I can notice a difference in heat output by the next weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.