First fire this year...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2007
Chelmsford, Ma
Hey guys, How's it going? I just lit the stove a little while ago and got that stinky smell. I guess its dust like everyone says. The wifes desk is about 10ft from the side of the stove and she is starting to shed the layers of clothes..she said she was cold earlier..not anymore..haha.. and our two boston terriers are absolutely loving the heat..they look like they are dead in front of the stove... Can't wait for the really cold weather! Go Englander!
Frank

Lots of stoves waking up this month. Welcome back Frank.

BeGreen, thats a perfect statement!

We've had ours going pretty steady for a couple days and nights now. Freezing at night and still chilly during the day. However, today we have some sunshine so it is heating up too much now. Freeze again tonight so we'll keep it going.

I had mine fired up last night. Only one load. I'm not sure if I'll need to burn tonight, today is a few degrees warmer than yesterday. I might get by just on the passive solar today.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.