first free load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great advice.....

I asked the same company that did work for me twice, they said they mulch it all, they don't want to be bothered giving wood away...

Keep trying. Guy probably has a sweatheart deal on dumping chips.

I'm actually ok with wood, I have 5+ cords on property, I'm no USMC80, my wife is ready to kill me if I bring in a big load....:)

Ha, well now that I think about it you may be right.....

How does this sound:

"Dear ABC Company,
...probably a long shot, but thought I'd shoot a quick e-mail to see if you have any contractual obligations with the trees you remove?
If you don't and/or are forced to pay a municipality where it is hauled and dumped, I'd gladly take the tree off your hands (if you have any upcoming work orders) for fuel purposes if it can be hauled & dumped at my curbside.

I live right off XXX Street and the tree could be dumped day or night at anytime.

Thanks for your time!

- Scott."

Status
Not open for further replies.