First oil bill post ESW furnace install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
My wife called while I was at work today and said "I have some good news." I asked what it was and she said "The oil company came-they left a bill in the door-guess how much?" My first guess was 50 gallons. Boy was I off... I filled my 275 gallon tank to the brim in late August and lit my first fire in the Englander in early October. My total usage after three and a half months of heating? ONLY 25 GALLONS!!! Thank god too because I didn't realize that heating oil was up to $3.00 a gallon again. This time last season I needed 200 gallons! I wish I had a scanner so I could post the actual bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.