First Post, 13-NC, wet wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well, the Imperial temp gauge worked exactly once.
After that, it goes to about 200, and stays there. Even though the stove is so hot that you can't stay in front of it with the door open, and your fingers feel singed if you just lightly bounce them off the chimney.

Gunfixr where in SE VA are you? For your future wood try to buy wood this spring at a sale price and season it yourself. I’ve been told the Acme stove store in Richmond has a guy who sells truly seasoned wood but at high price. He will likely have a spring special too. Half hour north of Richmond is Liberty bricks which you can pick up a ton or two with truck. If you’re capable best thing is to scrounge Craigslist and Facebook market for free wood and split yourself. Whether you buy or not you’ll need to season yourself unless you get liberty bricks. Nobody around here wants pine it seems so I’d scrounge some pine and maybe some liberty bricks to get you through next season

Well, the Imperial temp gauge worked exactly once.
After that, it goes to about 200, and stays there. Even though the stove is so hot that you can't stay in front of it with the door open, and your fingers feel singed if you just lightly bounce them off the chimney.
Get a Condar.

Gunfixr where in SE VA are you? For your future wood try to buy wood this spring at a sale price and season it yourself. I’ve been told the Acme stove store in Richmond has a guy who sells truly seasoned wood but at high price. He will likely have a spring special too. Half hour north of Richmond is Liberty bricks which you can pick up a ton or two with truck. If you’re capable best thing is to scrounge Craigslist and Facebook market for free wood and split yourself. Whether you buy or not you’ll need to season yourself unless you get liberty bricks. Nobody around here wants pine it seems so I’d scrounge some pine and maybe some liberty bricks to get you through next season
I'm about 30 miles from colonial Heights, South of 460.

Guy local sells unseasoned. My plan is to season it myself, but this winter is my first here, after moving late summer. By the time I knew I needed more wood, it was take what you can get.