First Time Poster & Pellet Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are the best. Ty so much.

So I need to check the makers page in the blower and see if it needs oil. If not or even if so and I oil it, may still just need to be replaced?

Yes, it may be 21 years old. That's a lot of revolutions and not well serviced.

Try using the fan motors # on google. Probably Grainger, then there are couple stove part shops online and ebay and sometimes amazon too. Brunners bits and pieces, does some motor rebuilding to as well as control board repair.

oiled up the blower and it's perfect. It was a fasco blower and so was the comb fan. Looks like both were replaced at the same time years ago.

The auger is sounding a bit strained now. What can I do to help it along?

oiled up the blower and it's perfect. It was a fasco blower and so was the comb fan. Looks like both were replaced at the same time years ago.

The auger is sounding a bit strained now. What can I do to help it along?
You may be able to put a couple drops of oil on the outer bearing and split the gear case and take out some of the old grease and replace. Carefull splitting the case not to misplace any spacers-washers. The output shaft on the gearbox may be worn beyond repair

Status
Not open for further replies.