First Time User of PelletSales.com/Woodpellets.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark d fellows

Hearth Supporter
I just got my 2.6 tons of Cleanfire Premium. These are the softwood version and I don't know how they will burn yet but will give feedback once I start burning them. I see mixed reviews.

I am very satisfied with the ordering and delivery of these. They called me last week with a delivery date and delivered them today. Couldn't be easier. The oversized pallets were covered with a very large one peice plastic bag which I trust would keep out any rain water from getting to the bags of pellets if left outside, and then there was shrink wrap around the whole thing. I like the way these are packed/shipped. The Lignetics(my favorites) only have a small plastic sheet on the top with shrink wrap holding the plastic sheet on. The ton of pellets I bought was wet in the middle of pallet. Water had ran in there and stayed.

The way these were packed, would do a good job of keeping out water. These pallets I would trust to leave outside with just a lean to over them.

We will see how they burn.

Mark

Others have used Pellet Sales with great results. I myself have always thought they were on the pricey side. But they are great if you want your delivery all at once. I dont like to buy sight un~ seen and their delivery price I can live without :)

I don't find a delivery fee of 39.00 much at all.

Mark Fellows said:
I just got my 2.6 tons of Cleanfire Premium......The way these were packed, would do a good job of keeping out water. These pallets I would trust to leave outside with just a lean to over them.

Mark, you mean like this? These are my CleanFires from PelletSales:

Attachments

• Shed w. pellets.JPG
    Shed w. pellets.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 482
my pellets (not from pelletsales) were delivered about the same way back in may '09, I covered the outer bag with steel roofing strapped on top to protect them from sun (condensation from heat cold cycle) now I have moved them into the pellet bunker, I found that the bottom level tended to have spoiled or partially spoiled bags (no biggie, I just throw a scoop full into the firepot each time I load the stove, so no waste) Of course june was monsoon season here.

No....39 isnt bad at all....but you also have to buy 3 tons min. Also that 39 is for a limited time. Their delivery was in the past much higher.

Mark Fellows said:

I had a nice first time experience with woodpellets.com last Spring (6 tons of LG Granules). I am a very satisfied customer.

macman said:
Mark Fellows said:
I just got my 2.6 tons of Cleanfire Premium......The way these were packed, would do a good job of keeping out water. These pallets I would trust to leave outside with just a lean to over them.

I do exactly mean like that and you were the person I was thinking about when I posted that.

MainePellethead said:
No....39 isnt bad at all....but you also have to buy 3 tons min. Also that 39 is for a limited time. Their delivery was in the past much higher.

Mark Fellows said:

Then I will rethink my order in the future winters. I ordered 2.6 tons and got that dilivery fee. Southern states, which is 5 miles from me wanted 50 dollars a ton.

BTU said:
macman said:
Mark Fellows said:

Are these the Hardwood CleanFires or their Softwood CleanFires?

Mine are softwood. Hardwood wasn't available in my area until after I recieved my order or I would have ordered those just because I like the smell better when they are in my basement.

If you don't need two pallets, you can buy less. You have to call the company and order via phone. You have the option to pick up also. I only needed about a ton for this winter and was able to buy one pallet. Since I drive a Ford Ranger, it took me 3 trips to pick up the full order. I'd drive in on the way home, they'd load up about 1/2 of the order, and I'd finish my commute home and unload. Repeat until done and you're all set.

I had good luck with the pellets last year (LG). I think that they burn a bit dirtier than the first ton of pellets I bought (no clue on the brand but I think they were oak). Having said that, they also burned hotter than my first ton.

It's a nice company to deal with. I've found them very accommodating and, last winter, they were about the ONLY game in town...if they hadn't been around, my stove would have been a nice paper weight for most of the winter.

Doug

Mark Fellows said:
Mine are softwood. Hardwood wasn't available in my area until after I recieved my order or I would have ordered those just because I like the smell better when they are in my basement.

I have come to prefer softwood pellets. Same or better heat, with more time between cleaning cycles on my Mount Vernon AE. I don't find the storage smell objectionable at all.

Purchased from them 3 yrs in a row with no problems.
This year I didn't meet the delivery requirements because
I didn't need a lot of pellets to bring my stash up to par
so I bought locally.

They called me today asking if I needed any pellets.
Was either the 3rd or 4th call since the Spring so I'm guessing
they have a lot of pellets. No shortage this year eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.