First winter using the Hardy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buddylee

Feb 16, 2011
middle georgia
Lotta wood. Well kinda. Seen all the posts about really dry wood. I've find the really dry stuff burns up too fast in the Hardy. I don't have a lot of wood stored up as this is my first winter and didn't know what to expect. The best burns I've gotten are from wood that has been drying just this summer. Overall I'm very pleased with my heater. More wood than a gasification boiler from what I read but very simple to operate. Clean ashes out in the morning, fill it up at night, go inside and relax. It's simple and reliable like myself.

Not sure why wood will burn up faster being dry. Just takes less draft so you get more heat from the wood. Water does not burn well no matter what people say. We have plenty of folks around here with OWB and those who let their wood dry burn less wood and don't have the smoky messes that others have.

They are called the Smokey Mountains for a reason. %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.