1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

fish fryer

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by punchy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. punchy

punchy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    mid mo
    anyone have recommendations on a really good fish fryer? i was looking for something to also do turkeys. i have a regular turkey fryer that sits on a burner/stand, but i am wanting something more safe. never had an accident yet, but when we fry turkeys there always lots of people/kids/dogs around and i worry about it alot getting bumped.
    i was looking at the cajun fryers by r and v works. expensive, but it looks lots safer and definitly a better fryer. just curious of peoples opinions on here.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. basod

basod Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mount Cheaha Alabama
    I originally purchased a burner stand fish fryer with the shallow pot/basket ~10yrs ago. They work great and only use ~1gal oil.
    The shallow pot isn't as top heavy as the turkey pot.
    I repurposed a deep aluminum pot for the turkey frying and used some stainless wire to raise/lower until this past Thanksgiving.
    Actually had to break down and buy an actual turkey fryer setup cause I literally wore a pin hole in the old pot.
    Haven't used the new burner stand it has safety timer shutoff on it - never ending attempt to Darwin proof the world.