fish fryer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2011
mid mo
anyone have recommendations on a really good fish fryer? i was looking for something to also do turkeys. i have a regular turkey fryer that sits on a burner/stand, but i am wanting something more safe. never had an accident yet, but when we fry turkeys there always lots of people/kids/dogs around and i worry about it alot getting bumped.
i was looking at the cajun fryers by r and v works. expensive, but it looks lots safer and definitly a better fryer. just curious of peoples opinions on here.

I originally purchased a burner stand fish fryer with the shallow pot/basket ~10yrs ago. They work great and only use ~1gal oil.
The shallow pot isn't as top heavy as the turkey pot.
I repurposed a deep aluminum pot for the turkey frying and used some stainless wire to raise/lower until this past Thanksgiving.
Actually had to break down and buy an actual turkey fryer setup cause I literally wore a pin hole in the old pot.
Haven't used the new burner stand it has safety timer shutoff on it - never ending attempt to Darwin proof the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.