1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fisher Grandma stove needs a screen insert

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by Luke Doub, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Luke Doub

Luke Doub New Member

Does anyone know a good source for fisher parts, or anyone who fabricates them since they are out of business? I was looking for a screen for my Grandma stove, but they seem quite rare these days.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    I am not sure that the Grandma had a screen option (hopefully some one will pipe up about that). If it DIDN'T have the option, don't go putting one on there. If it wasn't designed for it, don't assume that you can safely run it with one.
  3. Luke Doub

Luke Doub New Member

Grandma and Grandpa had the option for a screen. The earlier single door mama/papa/baby bear did not allow for screens.
  4. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Ahhh...good to clarify.
  5. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    There is a chrome rectangle style called Contemporary, and a black with arched top called Classic that come up from time to time on eBay.
    The full size Insert, Goldilocks and Grandma all use the same size screen, so it's the easiest size to find.
    Be prepared to pay over $100. I used the screen for open door burning only when starting the fire. They are not considered radiant heaters when burned in "Fireplace mode".
    Below are styles shown for Fisher II Stoves after 1980;

Bottom Rear.jpg

Contemporary also fit earlier model stoves with flat top doors since they grip to the door opening that's the same size as stoves with arched top doors.. The Classic will only fit arched top doors correctly, since the support ears sit on top of the hinges. Flat top doors are not as high, and the lower ears will not reach the lower door hinge plates as shown in the mismatch below.

Arched Screen mismatch 1.jpg

There is an entire sub-forum (Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More) with this information and MUCH more listed under the "Classic Stove Forum" where this thread has been moved. Enjoy;
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/forums/fisher-stove-information-parts-history-and-more.28/
  6. CamFan

CamFan Member

Loc:
    North East Georgia
    I have plenty of Grandma and Insert screens and Honey Bear
    Screens. All New, send a PM
  7. CamFan

CamFan Member

Loc:
    North East Georgia
    I also have HB blowers all new in the box.