flaking paint on matte Oslo?!?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatdonkey

Dec 15, 2014
West Norriton, PA
Hey everyone. I noticed last night that the center plate on top of my Oslo looked like it had something on it. Being sure not to touch it while hot, i waited till this afternoon when i got home. Didn't burn while at work.

Got home and got ready to load her up and remembered it. I ever so lightly rubbed a finger top on it after trying to blow the dust looking stuff off. Finger tips turned black. I'm afraid the paint is coming off. What would cause this?

Jeremy

Attachments

• 20150223_165300.jpg
    20150223_165300.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 106
ii have the same condition in spots on mine also, disappointing, but nothing a can of paint cant fix over the summer.

Hey everyone. I noticed last night that the center plate on top of my Oslo looked like it had something on it. Being sure not to touch it while hot, i waited till this afternoon when i got home. Didn't burn while at work.

Got home and got ready to load her up and remembered it. I ever so lightly rubbed a finger top on it after trying to blow the dust looking stuff off. Finger tips turned black. I'm afraid the paint is coming off. What would cause this?

Jeremy

Looks like snow starting to drift to me .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.