Flame Hight on Mt Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Hearth Supporter
Jul 23, 2008
Northern RI
I keep seeing everyone posting runnung there Mt Vernon with flame hight settings like -4
I am sure that every piping set up varies the flame hignt setting but I have found with my stove and using 4 diffferent kinds of pelletes that when I need to adjust the flame hight to anything more than -3 there is something plugged with ash. Sometinmes it is the heat exchanger, other times the cleanout T, or the screen on the end of the chimney, but I have never found it truly useful to adjust the flame hingt to -4 or -5 shy to allow the stove to function untill I clean it. I just though I would pass this info on.

I'm running mine on Hardwood Setting with a Flame Height of +1 with Big Heat and -3 with Energex Hardwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.