Flu temp vs. Stove temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods said:
Easy install yes, but I found that even though I drilled a perfectly straight hole, the pipes will expand at different rates. When cool, probe is as straight as a nail, but when the pipes heat up, the outer expands one bit and the inner another, at different rates causing the thermo to tilt a bit.

Guess I was lucky... I don't see that behavior with mine.

Treacherous said:
Backwoods said:
Easy install yes, but I found that even though I drilled a perfectly straight hole, the pipes will expand at different rates. When cool, probe is as straight as a nail, but when the pipes heat up, the outer expands one bit and the inner another, at different rates causing the thermo to tilt a bit.

Guess I was lucky... I don't see that behavior with mine.

I don't see that behavior with mine either

You're not alone Backwoods . . . I am constantly straightening out my probe thermometer and then slowly and surely it turns and is not level . . . it's not enough to put me over the edge, but I'm always fixing it so it is "level."

Mine is starting to get little slices in the probe from the pressure of the pipe. Hopefully the probe holds up

Status
Not open for further replies.