Flue collar adaptor for Hampton/Regency?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pulldownclaw

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Mar 2, 2007
Richmond, Va
Did all of the Hampton/Regency owners out there buy the flue collar adaptor from Regency, or did some of you just use the adaptor that came with your liner (those of you that diy'ed and bought your own liners)? I'm planning on buying a 5.5" ss liner and wondering if the adaptor is a must or if I can use something else. All of Elk's posts say to buy it from them.

Bump.

But I am including a picture of my little helper! Please help me keep him toasty this winter!

Attachments

• Home- Mitch on woodpile 5!-web.jpg
    Home- Mitch on woodpile 5!-web.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 575
Regency has a screwy setup they sell a stove but the screw on flue collar adapter is an extra It mounts to the top of the insert by 3 flimzy l brackets that and sheet metal screwed on.

You need that bracket and collar to make any kind of connection Regency also does use 5/5 liners a l most of the time I see no problem using them

You may need a 5.5 to 6" adapter you stove retailer should advise you what you need

I used a 6" connector that was included in my liner purchase. The dealer's sales person told me I would have to buy their connector then the bid person told me otherwise.
The stove came with the straps and screws, but I was sceptical about them because once the screws were in the pre-drilled holes they just spun. They held though and that is saying something cause we really had to push and pull and finagle that insert in to place.
This pic is of my 6" round to oval stove to liner connection. Thought it might help. I just finished DIY'ing my Hampton a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• Hampton Install001resz.jpg
    Hampton Install001resz.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 687
Nebrsmithers said:
I used a 6" connector that was included in my liner purchase. The dealer's sales person told me I would have to buy their connector then the bid person told me otherwise.
The stove came with the straps and screws, but I was sceptical about them because once the screws were in the pre-drilled holes they just spun. They held though and that is saying something cause we really had to push and pull and finagle that insert in to place.
This pic is of my 6" round to oval stove to liner connection. Thought it might help. I just finished DIY'ing my Hampton a couple of weeks ago.

sounds like you did only a direct connection and not a full length liner I suggest you re read you installation manual I do not believe it can be direct connected it is teated and requires a full liner insulated in outside exposed chimneys and not required on interior chimneys

I got my insert from a dealer and it did not come with the adapter. I ordered my 5.5" liner on-line and it came with the adapter to connect to the stove. Not sure how other liners connect but this one does use 3 straps. It is solid and not going anywhere:

insert15.jpg

The screws that came with the stove did not grip in the holes tight and easily stripped. So I used some self-tapping hex head sheet metal screws and a driver in a cordless drill.

I've called one dealer in town and he said the only way for him to get the flue collar adaptor is with the liner purchased from Regency, they don't sell it by itself? I emailed Hampton, no reply. I'm thinking I'll just have to use the adaptor that's coming with my liner from chimneylinerdepot and find some brackets at Lowe's that'll work. I want to have a fire on Thanksgiving day!!

I got mine from Rockford on Ebay. Check with him. I called him with questions and he said he could get anything I needed. I think the stainless adapter if purchased separately was $35.

pulldownclaw said:
I've called one dealer in town and he said the only way for him to get the flue collar adaptor is with the liner purchased from Regency, they don't sell it by itself? I emailed Hampton, no reply. I'm thinking I'll just have to use the adaptor that's coming with my liner from chimneylinerdepot and find some brackets at Lowe's that'll work. I want to have a fire on Thanksgiving day!!

I think the dealer is trying to pull a fast one. My retailer priced the flue collar adaptor seperatly. It was $36 dollars. The retailer told me I did not need to order the Regency collar, as one would be provided with the liner kit. I only purchased the insert from the retailer, not the liner kit. I ordered the Forever Flex liner kit from TheChimneySource.com. A flue collar adaptor was included in the kit and it worked just fine. The straps and the (worthless) screws are part of the Hampton hardware that comes with the insert. My collar install looked just like the ones hfjeff posted.

pulldownclaw said:

Why do you NOT want to use the one that is coming with your liner? That's the one I used. Mine is a Forever Flex liner kit and it came with the collar adaptor. Or did I miss something? You can make some brackets if your insert did not come with them. They are nothing special.

It seems like the adaptor coming from with the liner should work fine, it just doesnt' have a way to mechanically attatch the adaptor to the top of the stove, which is what I've heard you need to do. It seems like I just need to find some stainless brackets and screws and go with that.

The brackets and the screws will come with your Hampton insert. Its part of the hardward package. It is only the flue collar adaptor that has to be ordered seperately. (If one is included with your liner kit, it should work.) The only issue I can see is the outlet on the stove is 6", so I don't know how you plug up the void around the 5.5" adapter your using. Its time to call in the experts...

Status
Not open for further replies.