flue collar too high for flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

joshu

Apr 13, 2023
Oregon
I guess I mismeasured. The new wood stove arrived and the flue collar is 5/8" too high for the flue it has to attach to. Is there any way to fix this other than adding two 15 degree elbows which would be expensive and also bring the stove too far into the room? Or cutting off the stove's legs?
flue collar too high for flueflue collar too high for flueflue collar too high for flue

What's behind the plate? Can that pipe just be moved up?
The black rectangular metal screwed into the brick would have to be taken off and moved up 5/8". Yes, that's a good idea. It'll be a thing to move it up, drilling into the brick again just a little bit above existing holes, but yeah, it's probably doable. Good thinking, thank you. Plus I get to see what's behind there. Scary.

The black rectangular metal screwed into the brick would have to be taken off and moved up 5/8". Yes, that's a good idea. It'll be a thing to move it up, drilling into the brick again just a little bit above existing holes, but yeah, it's probably doable. Good thinking, thank you. Plus I get to see what's behind there. Scary.
Does the chimney have a full stainless liner to the top?

I don't remember the amount of offset but some companies offered an offset adapter. My Vermont Castings has one but my flue adapter is oval. What if you cut the tile/slate just where the legs sit and dropped it down that way.