Flue is always hotter than stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carinya, with no other heat source thats outstanding!

....sorry for the hijack......

RD

Motor7 said:
Carinya, with no other heat source thats outstanding!

Well, it should be said that the house was built in 1984 with low energy use as one of the prime factors in design.

I come from Australia & it used to make me cry that with all the sun there houses were not built to take advantage of solar gain from the north in the winter. :-S
But I think they are mending their ways :)

I have the same feeling when I visit my daughter at her rental house in Berea KY. It's on a big corner block and the house (built in the 60's) could have been oriented for a southern exposure in the winter but no, it's full on being baked on the east and west in the summer !

So I'm very thankful that I can use the woodstove as our only source of heat. And that I don't have to harvest the amount of wood that some of my fellow hearthers do :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.