Flue pipe at downward angle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jg24cv

Feb 5, 2012
Salt Point, NY
I currently have a Quadra Firee Castile and I am considering upgrading to a Mt Vernon. The exhaust outlet on the Mt Vernon is about 4" higher than my Castile. My Castile vents directly through my wall. There is a 45 with about 2-3' of pipe and that's it. The hole in my wall is level with the outlet on my Castile.

My question is, if I upgraded to the Mt Vernon, can I angle the exhaust pipe down to meet the existing hole in my wall? I know going downhill with stove pipe is taboo, but I figured I'd get some opinions being that my run is so short. Let me know you're thoughts.

Probably wont have normal operating issues But if power goes out the smoke backup could well make you think "why didn't I do it right". Your going to have the stove in place hopefully for many years.

Throw a battery backup on that thing to protect you from smoke filling the house during a power failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.