Foghorn Sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rolf1

Jan 17, 2021
Oregon
Brand new beautiful insert pellet stove and I noticed that when the heat really gets cranking that sometimes I'll hear this really deep horn type sound. Like a tuba or foghorn. Could this be the exhaust air passing through and up the exhaust pipe?
It's not loud but...odd I guess.

Thanks

we had this noise a few years back when we were installing munchkin boilers and it was all in the fuel to air mixture. not sure if this is the reason but if it is, it's a place to start

Reactions: Rolf1
we had this noise a few years back when we were installing munchkin boilers and it was all in the fuel to air mixture. not sure if this is the reason but if it is, it's a place to start
Interesting.
I have a Quadrafire Trekker and there is a "Trim" adjustment which regulates the fuel/air mixture.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: fbelec