1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

For Sale Not Working Stihl Chainsaw Question

Post in 'The Gear' started by num1hitter, May 17, 2013.

1. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Use impact for fastener removal, not re installation.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. TreePointer

TreePointer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western PA
    +1

T-handle torx drivers generate more than enough torque. I know this because I've snapped a cylinder bolt with one LOL! Most OPE torx bolts/screws spec around 15 in-lbs or less.
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

It's a different game when you're "on the clock" and that particular driver is excellent for this kind of work. It's not a power monster (only 7.2v but you still have to be careful) and it saves me a TON of time and carpal tunnel. Backpack blowers are particularly murderous when it comes time to split the housings.
  4. StihlHead

StihlHead Guest

But how many people here are on the clock? We are talking about pulling a muffler and having a peek at the P&C.
  5. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    +1 on MM's advise on a good deal - as he said, parts (plastics, etc.) are worth that $ easy - if near me, I'd have bought it already. T27 is standard torx for most Stihl fasteners I've worked on - and Scotty's right, a lot of kits miss the 27. I bought a high quality single t-handle T27 for exactly this use, and a cheapo torx kit with the other sizes that don't get used a lot in the saw shop. Cheers!