Forgive me for I have sinned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blades

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2008
WI, Leroy
Please forgive me brethren. There I was tootling along on my way to my shop, about 5am this morning. Paying particular attention to the creek side of the roadway as this stretch is a bit of a Bambi haven and they due seem to have a affinity for the front end of this vehicle, when out of the corner of my eye I spied it. A pile of fresh cut rounds on the edge of someones lot close to the road. Well the old pickup started bucking around and making a beeline for that pile. I tell you it was all I could due to keep her on the straight and narrow and then at the corner what fight. That old truck just wanted to go around the block something fierce, but I wrested her back on to the proper path and continued on to my shop. I did not think it wise to knock on someones door at 5 in the morning to inquire as to the availability of the rounds for scrounging. Therefore I believe I have sinned as I passed up a possible score. Please forgive me.

I'd keep an eye on the wood, and if it is there is a few days/weeks then ask. I miss out on some wood this way, I am sure.

I agree with Jags,,,but double the bloody Hail Mary's.....and throw in a snifter of brandy.

due the dew, do od.

Joey said:
I agree with Jags,,,but double the bloody Hail Mary's.....and throw in a snifter of brandy.

brandy is for winners, Now go knock on the door get the round split stack in the sun and make sure there is somthing protecting the wood from the ground and I nice rain cap anything less is a sin on this site. Then its brandy time!!! with pic of course!

I guess I have sinned also. The ultility company cut down an oak tree and piled about 10 oak logs on this property. It has been more than two weeks now and the pile is still there. I think it's time for me to knock at their door and ask.

Gunks said:
I guess I have sinned also. The ultility company cut down an oak tree and piled about 10 oak logs on this property. It has been more than two weeks now and the pile is still there. I think it's time for me to knock at their door and ask.

My usual MO is to look and see if there's signs of wood burning on the property (stove pipe, smoke coming out of the chimney, stacks of firewood) and if not, I'll go to the door and leave a note if they're not there.

NP

I would wait until at least 5:30 am to knock on the door.

I'd say it's time for a lunch break to swing by and leave a note if they aren't home - However I do agree with NonProphet, I too look for signs they might use it themselves before bothering with ringing the bell.

blades said:
Please forgive me brethren. There I was tootling along on my way to my shop, about 5am this morning. Paying particular attention to the creek side of the roadway as this stretch is a bit of a Bambi haven and they due seem to have a affinity for the front end of this vehicle, when out of the corner of my eye I spied it. A pile of fresh cut rounds on the edge of someones lot close to the road. Well the old pickup started bucking around and making a beeline for that pile. I tell you it was all I could due to keep her on the straight and narrow and then at the corner what fight. That old truck just wanted to go around the block something fierce, but I wrested her back on to the proper path and continued on to my shop. I did not think it wise to knock on someones door at 5 in the morning to inquire as to the availability of the rounds for scrounging. Therefore I believe I have sinned as I passed up a possible score. Please forgive me.

You are forgiven, I picked it up.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0192.jpg
    100_0192.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 298
Status
Not open for further replies.