Found pellets and stove or sale.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt85bears

Dec 15, 2008
midwest
5 tons of Wood Pellets
I have 5 or 6 tons of Pellets for sale made by Wood Fibers, Inc from Niagra, WI. I had a hopper fire with my stove and I will never use one again. Almost burned my house down. The price is $150 per ton. ( I paid $225 per ton) I will sell it by the ton only. You will have to carry the bags from out of my basement. I will also be selling my 2 year old Quadra Fire, Mt.Vernon pellet stove just as soon as I get it back from the factory. They are repairing it.

i saw this on another website. if your in WI and interest in pellets i can find the guys number. T

matt85bears said:
5 tons of Wood Pellets
I have 5 or 6 tons of Pellets for sale made by Wood Fibers, Inc from Niagra, WI. I had a hopper fire with my stove and I will never use one again. Almost burned my house down. The price is $150 per ton. ( I paid $225 per ton) I will sell it by the ton only. You will have to carry the bags from out of my basement. I will also be selling my 2 year old Quadra Fire, Mt.Vernon pellet stove just as soon as I get it back from the factory. They are repairing it.

i saw this on another website. if your in WI and interest in pellets i can find the guys number. T

Can`t say I blame you. I`m sure it was a scary experience.
If it happened to me my wife would probably pressure me not to ever again have a pellet stove in the house.
When something like this happens it can turn you sour.
Hasty as it may seem I`m sure many of us can understand your decision.

matt85bears said:
5 tons of Wood Pellets

I might possibly be interested if the guy isn't too far from me.

matt85bears said:
5 tons of Wood Pellets

I have a two year old Mt Vernon. Do you have a link or any other information about what caused it?

i just had a H-fire last friday....didnt get out of the hopper but my house smells like beef jerky!!!!

burrman said:
BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
burrman said:
i just had a H-fire last friday....didnt get out of the hopper but my house smells like beef jerky!!!!

What caused it??
lower auger failure...

That can cause a hopper fire? I'm not familar with that stove. Isn't it made by USStove? Explain how the pellets are feed.

top auger feeds them outs the bottom of hopper then they fall down a chamber into the main auger tube ..then the main auger moves them out to the burn pot....bottom auger fails and stops feeding...top auger keeps feeding pellets jamming them in while the fire moves up the auger tube...then up threw top auger then into hopper....will not shut off since its still reading hot....kinda a stupid setup but it makes me happy, i dont have to turn on my furnace,,,,

If the bottom auger fails, no pellets get to the burn pot, right? So, wouldn't the fire in the burn pot just die out and then the stove automatically go into shutdown mode? I don't understand how the fire could advance through the bottom auger all the way to the chamber, when the fire in the burn pot would be dying out. I'm confused. :-S

nectardan said:
If the bottom auger fails, no pellets get to the burn pot, right? So, wouldn't the fire in the burn pot just die out and then the stove automatically go into shutdown mode? I don't understand how the fire could advance through the bottom auger all the way to the chamber, when the fire in the burn pot would be dying out. I'm confused. :-S
my pellets dont drop into the burn pot...they just auger out onto a "burn plate"...so the fire will just continue to follow up the auger tube....

burrman said:
my pellets dont drop into the burn pot...they just auger out onto a "burn plate"...so the fire will just continue to follow up the auger tube....

Same as with my stove too, but isn't the auger designed to prevent the burned pellets from coming back into the chamber?

nectardan said:
burrman said:

Same as with my stove too, but isn't the auger designed to prevent the burned pellets from coming back into the chamber?
yeah if the lower auger motor dosent quit..

Status
Not open for further replies.