Found this on CL for free firewood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish more companies will do that around my neck of the wood. Ironically, just found one company taking down a 40" diameter big mama, they were going to drop off a dumptruck full of 16" rounds 2 miles from my house for $50. Unfortunately, some dude picked them up with a pickup with a trailer. My trees do need trimming, he will come out and quote us tomorrow, he is taking down a 30" red oak tomorrow, and may haul it over for a small fee, let's hope it will come through.

Reactions: fespo
Tree Services have given me more wood (insert joke here) this summer then I can process. I've had to start different piles depending on how long I've had it sitting there. Great to get in good with one of them or take advantage of a program like you posted. Would be nice to not even have to haul it to my place

That. Is. Awesome!

I received about 100 yds of chips this summer, called the company to let them know I had enough, but they kept coming. I'm not complaining, but will say the company's policy in this case is great. They get to dump their waste, and are sure to keep you happy. Love it!

Hmm. Many tree services sell their wood saying that 50% moisture is fine to burn and that only pine gives creosote.

This tree service gives away its wood and on the same website warns especially about burning hardwood above 20% and associated creosote formation.

I'm speculating, but sounds to me like it's easier to be honest about "seasoned" wood and creosote when you're not trying to sell green wood.

Most of my wood has come from tree service guys. Now that my friend who is an arborist knows I have a splitter, I expect to see more stuff just show up. I am having a few trees taken down in the next few weeks, and they are going to leave me all of the wood, then dump the chips in my driveway.... Doesn't get much better than that, except it does! He is dumping the neighbors stuff in my yard too!

Status
Not open for further replies.