Franklin Casting Products question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevgle4587

Jan 3, 2008
Eastern NJ
Hi everyone let me start by saying that I am a total newbie to wood burning stoves. I just recently bought my first house and one of the main things I liked was the wood burning stove in the living room, but when the code inspecter came he said since I dont have any paperwork on the stove it has to come out. If I can not get paperwork they use there standard clearance measurment which is 3 foot all around the stove. This stove has a rock wall behind and is 14 inches off of the rock wall but the stove pipe is right agianst the rock wall. The stove is also on a brick floor. I can not find any info on the stuff. It says Franklin Casting Products on the rear and says scandia on the front above the door, the door has no glass it is solid, and it is a pretty small stove. any info on where i could find the clearance specs on this stove would be greatly appreciated.

If my memory is accurate, Scandia stoves were manufactured in Taiwan and were basically illegal copies of Jotul stoves. This led to a number of lawsuits which eventually put Scandia out of business. Scandia stoves appeared in the 70's and were regarded as cheap, low quality copies. A manual or specs will be very hard to find, but if available anywhere, this forum is the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.