Free wood in Middlesex County Ma

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NoGoodAtScreenNames

Feeling the Heat
Sep 16, 2015
Massachusetts
So I've spent a good amount of my time cutting splitting and stacking from some trees I had taken down. I'm down do the last and largest oak rounds that laugh at my maul and wedges. I need to get it out of here soon for some landscaping work we're having done so I'm giving it away to anyone who wants it. I figured I'd try hearth.com out before Craigslist. Only condition is that you're responsible for your own safety getting it out and you promise not to burn it green [emoji846].

If you are interested let me know.

IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG

Why don't you noodle them
to movable size ?

Why don't you noodle them
to movable size ?

It's more of a time issue. I need them out of there soon and I already have enough of the smaller stuff and some pine that I'm working through. I burn mostly for fun, and while this wood is "free" to me (ignoring paying the tree guys to cut it down) it's been lots of work, has taken a long time to get where I am now and I can have more fun spending time with my family than out alone pounding on wood. If the remaining stuff is half a cord, that's about $125 if I bought it green and split. I've paid $125 for the convenience of getting my weekends back not to mention a ton of other projects I've got to get to around the house. That's more what this is about. I am no lumberjack and I can only pretend to be for so long... I know there are some better lumberjacks out there... if that's you take my wood [emoji846].

My second option is to sell it on Craigslist as seasoned ready to split wood - only $400 a cord. See if I can land myself on the Craigslist Laugh of the Day thread.

Reactions: HisTreeNut
Waaaaaay to far from me...otherwise I might have to consider it.