Free Wood - Old CL Ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Well at least someone finally found a good use for a Chevy truck! Firewood holder. I am sure that someone will be along shortly with a Ford to tow it off. I wonder if the tree hit "like a rock"

Please let the flame wars begin..

I have to wonder if that picture is a fake - it would seem that a tree of that size would have done far more damage hitting a truck like that - I'd expect to see it bending down to the frame. Cute ad though.

Baton Rouge. I imagine it's a for-real, genuine post-hurricane pic. Most of that tree's already been cut away...probably just left that hunk for the insurance pics. When that guy came down, it landed on its branches, I suspect, cushioning the little truck from the full weight of it...plus it may have been rooted just on the other side of the driveway, so the tree just used the truck as a pivot. That's how it looks to me, anyway. Wonder if the guy found a ride to work? Pretty good sense of humor in the wake of something like that...of course, we have no way of knowing it was actually the owner of the truck who placed the ad. :) Rick

Alberta Burner said:
Well at least someone finally found a good use for a Chevy truck! Firewood holder. I am sure that someone will be along shortly with a Ford to tow it off. I wonder if the tree hit "like a rock"

Found On Road Dead? Fix Or Repair Daily? Certainly not Fastest On Road or Dirt, or First On Race Day.

Dunebilly said:
Found On Road Dead? Fix Or Repair Daily? Certainly not Fastest On Road or Dirt, or First On Race Day.
Spelled backwards, it's Driver Returned On Foot.

Dunebilly said:
Alberta Burner said:

F'n Old Rebuilt Dodge?

BrotherBart said:
Dunebilly said:
Alberta Burner said:

F'n Old Rebuilt Dodge?

Fxxxed Over Rebuilt Dodge

Actually I think Ford is Latin for "Still in business without taking bailout funds or screwing our creditors by declaring bankruptcy."

Every silver lining has a cloud arround it.

Well, I got the General Mess of Crap driving again.

GMC = Gotta Mechanic Coming!

BrotherBart said:
Actually I think Ford is Latin for "Still in business without taking bailout funds or screwing our creditors by declaring bankruptcy."

And here I thought it was Latin for "We didn't screw up like the other guys."

I think they say something like 80% of all Chevy trucks are still on the road. The other 20% were able to finish the trip.

Flatbedford said:
I think they say something like 80% of all Chevy trucks are still on the road. The other 20% were able to finish the trip.

Thats funny, but whats really funny is that no one even mentions mopar.

Dunebilly said:
Flatbedford said:

Thats funny, but whats really funny is that no one even mentions mopar.

OK I will

FORD
F***ed
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

believe it or not I really am a MOPAR fan, love their muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. I actually was once the proud owner of a 1970 Roadrunner with a 440 with a Hurst pistol grip 4 speed. It was in very good condition, sold it dirt cheap in 1986 when I transfered overseas in the military. Kick myself everyday for that

Elderthewelder said:
I actually was once the proud owner of a 1970 Roadrunner with a 440 with a Hurst pistol grip 4 speed. It was in very good condition, sold it dirt cheap in 1986 when I transfered overseas in the military. Kick myself everyday for that

Bought myself a new 1970 Challenger 440 Six Pack as my "Welcome home from the Army." present. A monster motor with two doors attached.

Insurance cost me a fortune. :ahhh:

I've never learned so much about wood burning in a thread on these forums before this one. %-P Rick

fossil said:
I've never learned so much about wood burning in a thread on these forums before this one. %-P Rick

Ah yes. Summertime on hearth.com.

The calm before the "What stove should I buy?" and "I can't believe what they want for pellets this year." storm starting in late August. Only this year it will be "Why the hell should I buy a stove or pellets? My supplier is wanting to pay me to take some of this oil off his hands.".

Status
Not open for further replies.