free wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rancher54

Jan 5, 2010
iowa
So last night I am looking at the farm spokeman and in the ads it said free wood .I call the guy and he tells me they clean up all the creek .so I ask him how much wood is there .He tell me just come by and look .it is about 6miles from my house .So I go over this morning and there sit a D 9 cat and about 2 miles long of wood there push down with it all along the water way . but can not meet the guy till sat morning to get on the land .. I know I need a pic maybe tonight I can get one ....

Nice. I just followed-up on a CL ad for free wood on my way home from work & found a half-acre lot with plenty of nice sized downed but not bucked........................Cottonwood :long: Oh well, at least I can be choosey now.

Sounds like a great find. Just hope they don't push those trees through a lot of dirt. If so, you will learn to love sharpening the chain!

longhorns said:
So last night I am looking at the farm spokeman and in the ads it said free wood .I call the guy and he tells me they clean up all the creek .so I ask him how much wood is there .He tell me just come by and look .it is about 6miles from my house .So I go over this morning and there sit a D 9 cat and about 2 miles long of wood there push down with it all along the water way . but can not meet the guy till sat morning to get on the land .. I know I need a pic maybe tonight I can get one ....

Wow, sounds like the possibility of holding a lot of Osage Orange in there too.

CountryBoy19 said:
longhorns said:

Wow, sounds like the possibility of holding a lot of Osage Orange in there too.
I agree, very common along creeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.