Freedom Fuel Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkins

Minister of Fire
Mar 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
We just bought 30 bags of the above pellets and so far I wish I could changeout all the bags of Stove Chow that I have remaining. My stove is throwing off great heat from them. I did a search here to read up on them prior to getting some. Seems there are, or were a number of different types that FF put out. My bag says only wood pellets, not if hardwood, softwood, or a mix and lists the btu's as only 8300. These pellets look, and smell like pine pellets and the amount of heat I'm getting seems to be a good bit higher then any 8,300. Got them at Home Depot so my guess is that FF may have put pine softies in the bags even with the seemingly low 8,300 btu's.

Anyone else run into this?

Other than the fact that they sold out a truck in 4 hours everything is good. I wanted to get more I like them so much. No word if they will get more pellets.

My choice for pellets is one Lowes, one Home Depot, one Tractor supply and a Agway store that thinks their junk pellets are worth big bucks. All three of the other choices seem to be very hit/miss if they even carry them. Well TS always has them but they are not the best pellets. I'm in dead dead pellet zone it seems.

Ugh.... I wish I could trade. I got a few bags from Home Depot when I got the Monia installed as a sampler. I don't remember what brand they were honestly but they were darker hardwood pellets. The burned quite well. Clean burn pot with a nice white ash. Ordered a pallete within a day or 2. Three days after that I had 50 bags of Freedom Fuel sitting on my driveway. These are light in color but not white. Blond I wold say. Pine sent but not clean. Like pine that has been peed on. They are very broken up. Basically they are horrible. Dark thick ash over the stove. Burn pot fills with cake/clinkers to the point where I have to shut down and dump it after 6 or 7 hours. Needs a full cleaning every day.

I've checked the stove with a manometer and it is at perfect draft. I know I could get a refund from HD but I have no way to return 45 bags and they ain't gonna pick them up.

On the bright side they do burn hot... Most likely because they are broken and feed fast... but still... Hot. ..

Didn't like them last season when TC supplied them, just goes to show you, pellet quality varies greatly year to year and stove to stove

Status
Not open for further replies.