Freedom Fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chris288 said:
28-30 hrs. / bag was in reference to our old whitfield, which I just sold 2 weeks ago, so my experiece with our new XXV is somewhat limited, but have been burning pellets for 14 years. It hasn't been cold enough here in NY to burn the XXV for 24 hrs straight, but we did have a 2-3 day stretch where is was into the 30's and on a room temp setting of 71 degrees, feed on 3.5, a full hopper lasted 2 days. So far 'm really LOVING the fully automatic features of this new stove.

I am excited to get mine going. it took myself and all three boys to lug that heavy Beast into the house lastnight.

Re-thinking my placment now for service. it's just to heavy for 1 guy to even move for a good cleaning.

What part of NY are you?

samm6 said:
chris288 said:
28-30 hrs. / bag was in reference to our old whitfield, which I just sold 2 weeks ago, so my experiece with our new XXV is somewhat limited, but have been burning pellets for 14 years. It hasn't been cold enough here in NY to burn the XXV for 24 hrs straight, but we did have a 2-3 day stretch where is was into the 30's and on a room temp setting of 71 degrees, feed on 3.5, a full hopper lasted 2 days. So far 'm really LOVING the fully automatic features of this new stove.

I am excited to get mine going. it took myself and all three boys to lug that heavy Beast into the house lastnight.

Re-thinking my placment now for service. it's just to heavy for 1 guy to even move for a good cleaning.

What part of NY are you?

NO KIDDING, took me, my dad, uncle and friend, had to lift it from the back of the pickup up onto the porch and then a dolly to get it in the house, once on the hearth pad I can maneuver it around by myself but 400LB's is a BEAST. We got the Majolica brown enamel and absolutely love this stove. good luck with yours. I'm using less pellets in the room temp mode than I used with my whitfield but for the most part that had to burn 24/7 unless I was there to shut it down and start it up if the house got too warm.

My only gripe so far with the xxv is that about 75% of the ash becomes fly ash and lands everywhere but in the ash pan.

I'm in putnam county NY about 1 hr. north of NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.