Freedom Fuels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsvo

Jun 17, 2008
vt
just say that local home depot just got in freedom fuels pellets. are these the same people have been trying? these bags say super premium on them. soft wood or hardwood? whats the results of these so far?

Just an average, to slightly below average pellet....nothing great. OK if you have nothing else available. Don't pay too much for them. Southern softwood.

Recall the bag I had was from pine; so that makes them softwood. On my Englander I got more window sooting than normal with a slight advantage in quicker startups - as one would expect from pine. I also recall their diameter seemed a little smaller than the Stove Chow and Natures Heat I had at the time, which could be an advantage if you sometimes get auger jams.

Status
Not open for further replies.