Friends new NC30 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
IMG_1928.JPG IMG_1920.JPG IMG_1919.JPG IMG_1923.JPG IMG_1918.JPG

You really need some support for those elbows.

Its all locked and screwed together, it will be fine

Its all locked and screwed together, it will be fine
Then why do all manufacturers require support of elbows? What chimney did you use? There is allot of leverage on that and the roof support isn't really helping much at all to stop the pivoting force on those elbows.

I looked through trying to find elbow support brackets and couldn't find anything other than flimsy strapping that you would use to support chimney pipe inside an attic

I looked through trying to find elbow support brackets and couldn't find anything other than flimsy strapping that you would use to support chimney pipe inside an attic
What about hurricane straps from home Depot

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What chimney pipe did you use? And yes the elbow support brackets are not very substantial. In the very few instances where we elbow around the soffit I generally make up some sort of support bracket to mount a wall support to above the elbows.

Roger - we will devise something, it the stack is as solid as a rock, literally pushing pulling on it when we installed the roof support brackets, but another strap will be made to keep it safe, he's got 3 baby's living in that house.

Reactions: bholler
Roger - we will devise something, it the stack is as solid as a rock, literally pushing pulling on it when we installed the roof support brackets, but another strap will be made to keep it safe, he's got 3 baby's living in that house.
Good Iam not trying to give you a hard time just want to make sure it is safe. I have seen more than one install like that where it came apart in that area in one the elbow itself actually failed.

What brand of chimney pipe?

Thats a good old vacuum in those pics. I have one just like it.

I think you'll be real happy with that Englander.

At first I thought you were saying their elbows needed support from the beers their holding.
They shouldn't...those beers are light and they're in aluminum cans. ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.