From Fisher Baby Bear to ????????????????????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinnell

Sep 13, 2011
No Colorado
I bought a log home in Northern Colorado Front Range Mountains. Its about 600 sqft on the 1st and 2nd floors (1200 combined) with the first floor living room open to the ceiling.

It has electric baseboard heat and a wood stove in the kitchen and a fireplace insert both about 30 years old.

The kitchen wood stove is a fisher baby bear and it has kept the place warm. I want to upgrade from this and not having any specs for the Fisher (lol) har dto compare.

Where the stove is in the kitchen is as you come into it against the back of the fireplace (stone on cinderblock) and opposite the stairs to the second floor. I want a stove with less depth around 18-20 inches that can heat better than the Fisher.

Ones I am considering are PE Vista Classic, Woodstock, maybe Quadra King, Jotul nordi/oslo.

Any ideas suggestions I do like the PE Vista but concerned about weld crack. Also prefer to keep it around $1600 certainly under 2K.

But I want a good solid stove, dont need bells and whistles.

ps this is a weekend home and we would burn pine only

Thanks

Don't worry about weld crack. If you like the PE Vista I say go for it. You may want to consider stepping up by one to the Super/Specturm series from Pacific Energy for a longer burn and more output with the larger firebox. Most log homes that I've been in are pretty drafty.

Status
Not open for further replies.