Frustrated!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuadSantaFe

Sep 22, 2013
I wish Home Depot carried some higher quality pellets. Here is South Portland Maine all they have are Maine Wood pellets...and that is it. Seems like through the winter they get a couple different brands (each pretty much have the same qualities)......I wish they would put a little more thought into which brands they carry and even offer up some super premium 100% softwood pellets. From what I can see they seem to carry whatever is the cheapest when they could get some others to provide customers with a better variety.

Just my 2 cents....

PS- to get higher quality Pellets I need to drive to Windham or Wells (too far)....when I would prefer to stop at HD on the way home.

There aren't any pellet dealers closer to you?

What about pellets direct?

Does it have to be HD? Or are you just venting because you can't get a better pellet for less?

HD isn't the only place that serves South Portland, there's Wood Pellet Warehouse, Southern Maine Renewable fuel, woodpellets.com, and several more.

Does your Home Depot deliver? If not, how are you getting them to your house? If you're willing to drive to HD and want better pellets... then drive to where the BETTER pellets are!!! Heck living in Maine, I would imagine you'll burn a lot of pellets (and don't want to burn a lot of sub-par pellets).

I wish Home Depot carried some higher quality pellets. Here is South Portland Maine all they have are Maine Wood pellets...and that is it. Seems like through the winter they get a couple different brands (each pretty much have the same qualities)......I wish they would put a little more thought into which brands they carry and even offer up some super premium 100% softwood pellets. From what I can see they seem to carry whatever is the cheapest when they could get some others to provide customers with a better variety.

Just my 2 cents....

PS- to get higher quality Pellets I need to drive to Windham or Wells (too far)....when I would prefer to stop at HD on the way home.

The Pellet Warehouse in Jay 645-3064 has MWP, Crabbe out of New Brunswick and possibly LaCrete. Steve Barker is great to work with and
as far as I know will deliver to your area. Been buying from him going on 5 years. Great Guy and Great Service!!
[email protected]-----------------------http://sibwoodpellets.com/

Last edited:
Been heating my house exclusively with MWP for last 4 years. Support your local businesses ................

The Pellet Warehouse in Jay 645-3064 has MWP, Crabbe out of New Brunswick and possibly LaCrete. Steve Barker is great to work with and
as far as I know will deliver to your area. Been buying from him going on 5 years. Great Guy and Great Service!!
[email protected]-----------------------http://sibwoodpellets.com/
He doesn't have much or anything in stock right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.