Fuel Saver II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R-J.

Dec 13, 2011
middle tn
Hello new to this site
I found a link to yall on a paintball site, mcarterbrown.com, that is to old paintball markers what yall are to wood burning stoves.

I have just bought a pre 80 Fisher papa bear with 4 fin vent cap on one side. Stove was made by Hesston in Hesston Ks.
On the left vent it has a device that looks like it was made from a tin can marked Fuel Saver II. The device has a flapper on a off center hinge with a threaded counter balance to control the draft. Has anyone ever had any experience with this device?

Thanks

R.J.Taylor
Middle Tennessee

I'm guessing the flapper is used when the stove gets hot enought. I like the idea of them, seen them on some very nice older stoves, even homemades. Some are made to cause the exaust to dip down as with a Down Draft furnace. This was done, I've read, in the origional Franklin stoves and was Ben's idea.

Like to see a picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.