Funny craigslist ad!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep; funny.
Not to mention, chain damage for metal in the trees.
Yard trees are hard to get rid of. Mills don't want them.
Lots of limbs to mess with.
The CL reply is pretty accurate, must be from somebody here. LOL :)

Reactions: firebroad
I just sent the guy a reply offering to buy his lunch if he gets near my neighborhood. Might be doing us all a service. A C

There's one advertised as 'free' firewood in Johnstown PA. He's had this thing listed since winter, it did have pics before. The maple tree is right against the back of his house and is easily 80 to 90'. Too bad he relisted it without the pics, but here is his revised listing. Check this one out....

http://altoona.craigslist.org/zip/3008231886.html

I would pay 3$ for a quart of Mulberries ;lol , if I could only get my wife to make a pie out of them!

Reactions: ScotO
yup. a regular riot!
That is one of my all-time favorite ads on Craigslist. The punch line is the best, and I quote....."You MUST take all the limbs, branches, mess you make but all the wood is yours to keep no charge."......what a nice fellow! :rolleyes:o_O;)

There's one advertised as 'free' firewood in Johnstown PA. He's had this thing listed since winter, it did have pics before. The maple tree is right against the back of his house and is easily 80 to 90'. Too bad he relisted it without the pics, but here is his revised listing. Check this one out....

http://altoona.craigslist.org/zip/3008231886.html

Yep, its right up the road from me. People are crazy...here's another one in my neighborhood:

Free Firewood (Geistown)

Date: 2012-05-12, 9:07PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

FREE FIREWOOD ALL HARDWOOD ALREADY CUT AND ON THE GROUND.
Pick it up take it your's free, but you must take all the limb's first ( great starter wood ).
Started clearing my lot and there's more than I need. Geistown cloverleaf location
Call Phil 814-322-5286 after 12 noon daily. No email or text answered.

Reactions: ScotO
This one is pretty good, especially if you know the type of folks in that town. Wont burn wood, it's too smoky, whaaa! But have no idea where gas comes from and consider ordinances against fracking, when the nearest fracking going on is two thousand miles away. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/zip/3064399169.html- Yea, I just got an insert too, what do you put in yours? Probably gas, but it just reads funny to me.
Wood-approx one cord (Davis)

Date: 2012-06-07, 8:02PM PDT

Reply to: [email protected][Errors when replying to ads?]
Free cord of great wood, well seasoned. Just got an insert. Available to be picked up over the weekend. First come.
Alison
(916) 508-2227 location: Davis
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Status
Not open for further replies.