Funny How Detached We Can Get As the Site Grows

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a sailboat vs. power boat or PC vs. Mac kind of thing. I hope we're not a bunch of gasifier snobs.

I liken it more to a Hummer vs. a Camry (or whatever). You can make the Camry inefficient and wasteful based on your maintenance habits and driving practices, but you're never going to make the Hummer an efficient passenger car, no matter how well you maintain or drive it. Anyway, the numbers tell the story, as the article suggests: Some boilers are going to meet or exceed the EPA regs, and some can't and won't. When it's all said and done, there won't be any conventional OWBs on the "right" side of that equation, simply because they're incapable of meeting the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.