Furnace has only ran 12 minutes since Tuesday!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
So far I'm pretty happy with the stove! Tuesday morning it ran for a few minutes before I loaded the stove. After less then a week of burning in the stove we're already getting pretty comfortable with using it. I haven't cooked us out of the family room since Saturday. :lol: My wife has even been loading it during the day! The Endeavor is a medium sized stove so it may not hold an overnight burn like some of the bigger stoves but last night we had temps in the 30's, I loaded it with 6 medium splits(maybe filled half the box) about 10pm and woke up to nice coals this morning around 7am with a temp. of 72 in the lower level of the house. :) Dropped a few splits on the coals before leaving for work and they took off almost immediately. I'm sure when we get really cold here at night I'll have to work the stove a little more but so far it's working out great for us.

I'm beginning to understand why everyone loves the feel of wood heat!

This is the iffy part of year. Usually too much capacity. Just wait until its 10 below and your living room is 75! Thats what wood heat is about. O'yeah, remember the warmer it gets, the less clothing the little lady wears :lol:

Ours has been in for 10 days now - 0 minutes on the furnace except for DHW - though we did have a day where it reached 70.....

Good job - we're really enjoying it as well. Got the stove up near 580 last night.

burntime said:
This is the iffy part of year. Usually too much capacity. Just wait until its 10 below and your living room is 75! Thats what wood heat is about. O'yeah, remember the warmer it gets, the less clothing the little lady wears :lol:

As much as a wink, wink comment this is - now we got our stove in and the curtains up, my wife was much more scantily attired.

Your all set on this forum as long as you don't claim that anyone having an oil furnace as a secondary heating system will have to run it at least a couple of cycles a year.
Do not make that mistake!
I did and a few of the hardcores set me straight.
:)
How silly of me to think I was doing well having spent $130. on oil last heating season.
My name is Ratman and I'm an oiloholic.

I am using at least 4 gallons of oil a week on DHW - thinking of going electric - we have cheap leccy in this town (comparatively)

Status
Not open for further replies.