Gardus Rotary Chimney Cleaner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamer

Jul 15, 2008
Southern Vt
Roof on my cape is very steep 10/12 pitch so I decided I had enough of climbing up the roof with a ladder then straddling the peak to get to my chimney.
Used the Gardus Cleaner today and it worked quite well.
I order 2 of them as it was less expensive than ordering extra rods.
Went from the basement Clean out up to top of the Chimney - used 11 rods 33 feet.
I got about the same amount of soot and creosote as when I used the steel brush about a 1/2 of a small pail.
Only problem I had is one rod did bend upon itself in two places and now I can not straighten it.
I was wondering if that rod could have been defective as all the other rods were OK
Ready to fire up the old Nashua now.

Steamer said:
Only problem I had is one rod did bend upon itself in two places and now I can not straighten it.
I was wondering if that rod could have been defective as all the other rods were OK
Ready to fire up the old Nashua now.

I have one also.. I think there great and make cleaning the liner very easy. I also bent one of my rods as well. I posted a review after the first time I used it. Here's a link.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/31911/

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.