GARN 3200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwehme09

Sep 7, 2011
Northern N.H.
I am looking for some opinions on the efficiency of a GARN 3200... 80%? Less, more?

Also, any opinions on the best moisture content level for the most efficient burning. How dry is too dry?

Obviously, the only results will come from lab testing, but there must be some good educated opinions around here.

You won't find many users of the 3200, even here on a burning site. Really big unit that will address huge heatloads. AFA eff goes it should be in the range of the other Garn units, the 1500 & the 2000. So mid to high 80's AFA eff goes. Garn will probably be your best source of info on the specifics of a 3200 performance in the field, they have a good reputation here on the board & owners of the smaller models here report a high level of satisfaction. The huge variables are of course the wood & the operator.

Most will say 20% MC or less AFA wood goes. Some members have reported problems with very dry wood (old pallets) you can control it to a degree by mixing with splits or making very tight loads to provide less surface area.

Hope this helps. I am sure some of the Garn owners will be along to provide far more details than I can.

Call this guy.

Chris Holley at 207-677-2509

I know he has at least a couple in operation and would be able to give you good info on them.

And keep in mind that most of the stories about wood that was too dry involve pallet wood or lumber scraps that are more like kindling than typical cordwood.

There was a thread about the 3200 a few months back. Upper 80's from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.