Garn Blower assembly question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Stanley

Feeling the Heat
Dec 31, 2007
Southern ME
chickfarm.com
Do any of you Garn guys know if there is an actual key for the keyway on the blower/motor shaft. I see two set screws and a keyway, but no key.

Thanks!!

Tom Thanks, found it. After I got it assembled along with the clean-out cover, I plugged it in. WOW!! Talk about massive amounts of combustion air. The inlet and vent pipes weren't connected yet, and the loading door was open. Created a huracaine in the building and almost sucked me through the loading door. I can hardly imagine what it's going to be like with 100lbs of oak ablaze in there :)

Sawyer,

We ordered in early June and it arrived in Maine in late August. Then it sat in a nearby(100 miles) warehouse until we were ready on 10-10-08 when it was delivered here. We could have had it here in August, it turns out, if we had been ready.

Hope yours comes through ok.

Rick

Thanks Rick,

Perhaps mine will be available for pick-up soon. My dealer is trying to find out when, but as usual, communications with Garn is inconsistent at best.

Have you been able to get any other prep work done? I see you have the fuel covered. WOW 32cords!!

A shot of blower assembly installed and a shot down the throat of the dragon. Really just me playing with the camera....................

Attachments

• blower assembly done.jpg
    blower assembly done.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 252
  • more garn shots 006.sm.jpg
    more garn shots 006.sm.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 249
ricks said:
Have you been able to get any other prep work done? I see you have the fuel covered. WOW 32cords!!

I have the underground piping buried the 175’ to my workshop. I am waiting to pick up the Garn before I do anything else. I am in the process of finishing the last house I will ever build so there are plenty of projects to complete outside before the snow starts falling Sunday.

I am now up to 35 cords, my wife and I did a little clean-up on the hard maple “pole timber”, that hard as a baseball bat maple that is dry, standing, without the bark. I can use that right off the saw. The 32 cord woodshed was for our fireplace which heated the house on 8 cords a year. A four year rotation assured dry wood. I will be curious how much I use with the Garn as I will also be heating the 2400 sq.’ workshop, the lower level of the house and the domestic hot water. Hopefully I will be pleased.

Keep posting your progress on your installation, I learn a lot every time someone installs one. I enjoy the photos, bet you can't wait to see that inferno in the ceramic chamber!

Status
Not open for further replies.