1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

garn install progress

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by wardk, Sep 18, 2012.

1. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Funny you mention that - I had the same kind of thing just a couple nights ago. I aired up a section of new & old 1-1/4" piping, and it was leaking at a 17 year old solder joint on the sweat side of a sweat/NPT adaptor. I might have been a bit rough on that section when I was dismantling my old boiler (had to use an extension on the pipe wrench), but I had it well supported when I was doing that. I haven't re-checked it yet since I re-sweated it. I haven't had many leaks yet (knock on wood), the ones I have had so far were on solder joints.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kopeck

kopeck Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine
    I've got a "leak" somewhere that is only an issue after everything cools down and it sits for an extended time unused. During the heating season I didn't have any trouble, after I stopped using the wood boiler I slowly lost all the pressure on the the wood boiler side of the plumbing.

I think it might have been yet another packing nut on a ball valve that I did fix recently. I just haven't pressured up the loop again to test it.

K
  3. wardk

wardk Member

Loc:
    B.C. Canada
    Pressured up the secondary to the house today, leaks old and new when the heat came in.Many drains and fills I think I have them all.Now I need a crash coarse on mixing valve adjustment 180 coming in how to keep the in floor under 100? This is part of the old system that had 105 in and 98 out, Help please
  4. wardk

wardk Member

Loc:
    B.C. Canada
    Here are some new pics, heating the house now, working on the shop.

Attached Files: