Gas Stove for Small Addition...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gastly

Jun 12, 2022
Virginia
Planning a small addition to be used mainly as a master bedroom, approx. 400sf, no bath, above a one car garage.

Looking for a natural gas stove w/standing pilot for primary heat.

Current candidates include:

Regency Hampton H15u

Vermont Castings Intrepid

Travis/Lopi Northfield (someone offered me a new floor model Sturbridge also, but I found out they stopped production in 2012)...

We currently have two 20 y/o Woodstock soapstone natural gas stoves still going strong as primary heat in our small house...one up and one down.

I'm only familiar with Woodstock, who have been great on parts and support over the years, as I've done most all of the maintenance. They don't have a right sized unit for this project.

The above are also based on what I can get my hands on in a reasonable amount of time.

Any others I should consider, or any of these I should avoid based on your experience?

Thanks...

If you like Woodstock, why not consider their little Cottage Franklin stove? Good for 22000 btus, on low would heat your area nicely.
They are quite attractive too...

Thanks Stovelark....I am, and I agree, and have talked to them.....but like many, they are having supply chain issues....so investigating options...