Gasket fell of off T clean out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maineah1214

Aug 6, 2013
Maine
Hey all,

I am on my second year (stove is one full year old now) on a Santa Fe. I have the T clean out coming out the back. I took the clean out off (two screws, pan type thing drops out) and the gasket is hanging down now. I tried sticking it back up in there but it just falls down. Should i just jam it up there? I noticed its not silicone like the rest so I am not sure how important this clean out gasket is to the positive press system of the exhaust. I attached a pic for reference.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0325.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 101
Can you try using a little high temp caulk to hold it in place? or some high temp aluminum tape till you get it back together? Will it set on the T when you put it back on? It is just a seal between the two pipe walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.