1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Gasket ? on Enviro Windsor

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by zrtmatos, Dec 3, 2012.

1. zrtmatos

zrtmatos Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Does anyone know the size of gasket needed on this stove for the door? How many feet around and the thickness of the item? The bottom of the door gasket is shredded and looks like it is one its way. Bigbox equivalent? ;?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
  3. VTrider

VTrider Member

Loc:
    Northern New England Burlington Vermont
    I replaced the window / door gasket in my Windsor last year - the link above is the correct gasket. This particular stove seems to have a proprietary type of gasket, in that it needs to be this 'dual bulb' version - good luck finding it or an equivalent at any big box store - I had to order mine through my dealer. If I remember correctly, you need around 3 1/2 to 4' (mine also started to fray at the bottom).

The gasket has a self-adhesive side as well and not only seals the door, but is designed to hold the glass in place. Once you remove the existing gasket, you'll see how the replacement will be installed
  4. zrtmatos

zrtmatos Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
  5. VTrider

VTrider Member

Loc:
    Northern New England Burlington Vermont
    Guess I got lucky and I was able to buy mine from the dealer, by the foot - also at a fair price. I also waited around 9 years until replacing the gasket, I honestly can't believe it lasted that long - although it was in pretty rough shape when I did replace it. When i'm cleaning the inside window, I try not to touch/rub against the gasket so as not start fraying it, once that happens....well you know, it's like pulling on that loose thread on a favorite shirt and the whole thing starts to unravel!