Gasket Recommendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kestrel

Nov 17, 2009
Southcentral PA
Going to replace the door and ash pan gaskets on my Jotul Castine. The manual calls for a 5/16" gasket. Any recommendations on a brand for replacement? Does it matter?

I would buy the gasket from the stove dealer I bought the stove from. If you didnt by the stove new, I would use this as a great reason to meet my local hearth proffesional

Or just go to the local hardware and tell him what you need. He can cut it to length right there.

I replaced the gaskets on my Heritage this year. I got some of the gasket from the local big box and the smaller one for around the glass at my stove shop. Same gasket company supplied the materials to both shops but the stove shop had different sizes that I needed. I prefer the stove shop anyway to look at the saws and stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.