1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Gatling dome, any info on these stoves?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by bigjohn72, Oct 26, 2012.

1. bigjohn72

bigjohn72 New Member

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    1020121645.jpg

New to the site, love working on old stoves, bought 4 of these at an auction, they sat in a pole barn, unused since the 70's, 3 of them still had the original paperwork in them, have one in my barn, it will heat a 30 x 40 pole barn(not efficiently though), just wondered if anyone new anything about these stoves

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Buzz1173

Buzz1173 New Member

I just installed a Gatling in my garage/studio.
    I purchased it from a homeowner in Big Bear, CA.The tag says that it was built by the Energy Research and Development Corp of Wisconsin.
    It only draws when the door is open. So I am hoping that the two knobs on the front have some function. What do you think?
    Also, if you have paperwork on your stoves, do you also have a user manual? If so, I would really appreciate some background info, as I'll have the stove for the long haul.
  3. bigjohn72

bigjohn72 New Member

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    the manual only showed how to install the fire bricks, i run mine with the door closed and the knobs almost all the way open to get it to draw
  4. jamieg

jamieg New Member

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    What would you like to know about them? My parents owned the company.