Ge200 heatmaster problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

angus_guy

Hearth Supporter
Sep 17, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Hi all looking for help my original post back in 2014 iwas looking at wood oil combo. Bit the bullet and bought ge200 instead. I''ve had numerous problems with it most recent one appears like i'm not getting air in the burn box. Vent at front is fully open yet fire smothers itself out. Chimney is clean, cleaning tubes are clear. I have no idea what else to look for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'd follow the air path through looking for a clog. So it goes through the disc, through the air box, through the water jacket, splits to the right and left in the C channel below the door. Then goes behind the air panels on the sides of the firebox. Out the holes, then through the wood and down through the nozzle into the reburn brick.
You could also check the hole where the fan blows up into the chimney, it's easy to miss.

Mine clogs up in the firebox over the nozzle with ash sometimes as well. Last year I cleaned out the air intake, all the vents inside, cleaned the ash out of the bottom, and it still burned like crap. Doing it again now. It had a lot of ash in the primary firebox and wouldn't let the goals get close enough to the nozzle.

Its aggravating because I live in town and this thing is supposed to be smokeless. Plus it's just blowing my hard work into the air. I'm mostly happy with this furnace, but when it decides to suck, it's a hoe.

I gave up fighting it tonight. It'll be dead in the morning at this rate, but I need to sleep. Disappointing for sure.

I noticed, too, that loading it a certain way it burns better. Keeping everything centered, as opposed to the front or back, makes a difference over time. It can be finicky.

Usually if the ash clogs over the nozzle it's been stirred to much and moved over the nozzle. It should fall through. I do take some ash out of the firebox once it gets up near the air panels or otherwise the wood will bridge.
Sounds like there's a choke point somewhere.

That's what it was, but with the wood burning, and needing to be up by 4 AM, I wasn't fighting it. There were some big clumps of ash causing the bridge that I broke up this morning. Seems to be happy again, so I am too. We're friends again.