1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Generator placement?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kast, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbilt

wilbilt New Member

Loc:
    Nor Cal
    Requesting this thread be locked, due to promotion of activities deemed unsafe by our lawmakers...

(Yes...I know...but you have to draw the line somewhere).

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kast

kast New Member

Loc:
    Stoughton M.A
    What! Are you kidding me?
  3. Lance1

Lance1 Member

That is certainly a stretch wilbilt, try not reading the thread if it bother's one so much.
  4. wilbilt

wilbilt New Member

Loc:
    Nor Cal
    Sorry, Kast...but think about it. This thread has run the course from placement of the generator (inside vs outside) to shelter of the generator, to connection, disconnection, transfer switches, legalities, responsibilities and individual freedom to ignore the law.

What next? If it's gonna be good, I'll stay for the popcorn
  5. kast

kast New Member

Loc:
    Stoughton M.A
    I completely understand that a thread has an end of life, but I don’t understand why someone would not just stop reading said post, and skip the need to request it be locked of all things.
  6. teeravis1

teeravis1 New Member

Loc:
    Upper Michigan (the peninsula)
    That is a very ignorant and stupid statement. I won't say anymore.
  7. seige101

seige101 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Palmer, MA
    Safety is my number 1 concern. Thats why i try to educate all the other idiots in the world, to follow the proper procedures and codes! So they can be safe, and the linemen working down the street can be safe. However the stupid and ignorant cannot be helped.

If there were less stupid people in the world it would make my job easier. So lets get rid of GFCI outlets, because people should be smart enough to know water and electricity don't mix. Lets get rid of the stupid arc fault breakers that are $45 a piece and must be used virtually in new residential construction. The only reason we have them is mainly idiots running extension cords under carpet/ furniture, they get frayed and short out. Heck while we are at it lets get rid of breakers, people should know when their circuit is overloaded! A fault condition is considered a what if. There should never in normal operation be one.

Bottom line the " The purpose of the NEC is the practical safeguarding or persons and property from the hazards arising from the use of electricity."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.